[gambit-list] Problem compiling v4.2.5 with Visual C++ 2003 std

Louis-David Perron ldperron at ldperron.com
Mon Mar 24 13:07:08 EDT 2008

I have problems compiling v4.2.5 with Visual C++ 2003 std (as stated in the title).

This procedure worked perfectly with v4.0.1:
- untar source tree.
- copy include/config.h.in and include/gambit.h.in to ".h" and configure @.*@ strings from gambit.h.
- unzip the "vstudio.zip" file in the source root folder.
- open the gambc.sln file.
- remove ___SINGLE_HOST from the "Release" preprocessor options (I'm just too impatient.. in fact, I think it fails due
to not enough memory on my machine).
- build the project with "Release" configuration

If I do the same procedure with v4.2.5, the "lib", "gsi" and "gsc" projects compiles properly, but gsi and gsc fail
during the link phase.
I compared and I have the exact same command line for the linker in both cases.

Here is my exact error message (unresolved external symbol):
Édition des liens en cours...
_gsi_.obj : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu _____20___gambcgsi
Release/gsi.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externes non résolus

Thanks for the help!
Louis-David