[gambit-list] As far as the renaming scheme goes, ...

Abdulaziz Ghuloum aghuloum at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 19 19:14:11 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Bradley Lucier wrote:

>> (define local* expr*) ...
>> (define global* local*) ...
>> expr* ...
>>

> (block) would recognize global* as immutable code, yes.

Cool.  I don't think one needs to worry about how the output looks
like as it can easily change.  What matters more is integration: does
anybody want to take it and integrate it with gambit and identify any
potential problems, or not?

I have already integrated it nicely with Ikarus, and some other guy
integrated it in his compiler IronScheme and he said it was
straightforward.  The screenshot at http://www.codeplex.com/
IronScheme shows calling CLR methods from an R6RS library using a
platform-specific (ironscheme clr) library.  So, it is possible to
integrate nicely with any implementation.  But then again, it's not
up to me to decide for gambit.

Aziz,,,