[gambit-list] Google Summer of Code

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Tue Mar 11 15:40:59 EDT 2008

Christian Jaeger wrote:

>  From what I've seen, the experiences of the GHC implementors working on
> a parallel system (and at first, iirc, a concurrent GC?) may be
> worthwhile readings.

How does Erlang handle this?  The latest versions handle
multicore/multiprocessor if I remember correctly.

> BTW the chicken people have also had some interesting discussion about
> GSoC participation in the last few days (don't be sad about the
> difference in volume), also including a few points about threading.
> Gambit does have a better chance of doing fancy stuff with garbage
> collection (because of it handling the continuation stack explicitely),
> of course.

Is there some documentation about this somewhere?  I'd love to read it.

>> - web framework
>>

> Should I mentor on this?
>   I've actually got some actual professional (well, that doesn't mean
> particularly successful) experience in this area (with an XML
> background). But I'd rather prefer having a module system done before
> continuing writing suboptimally modularized code as I did up to now.

I'm not sure a "web framework" is that great an idea.  "Frameworks" work
best when they are scratching a particular itch.  In addition, any good
"web framework" for Scheme is likely to be not very Gambit specific.

-a