[gambit-list] Patching gambit to fix out of source build

Joel J. Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:40:42 EDT 2008

"Nathan Thern" <nthern at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Gambit developers-

[...]
> Are you?

Nate,

I'm interested, although I'm not a [Gambit-C] developer, but a user that
would like to make packages instead of installing "in place."  I now
have Gambit installed in /usr/local/Gambit-C instead of making it into a
Slackware package (that can be easily removed or upgraded).

HOWEVER, I would love to hear Professor Feeley's rationale for the
installation directory structure, especially since I noticed that Snow
works the same way.

Thanks for bringing it up,
Joel
--