[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 30 07:06:28 EST 2008

On 30-Jan-08, at 5:05 AM, Christian Jaeger wrote:

> Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
>> Christian Jaeger wrote:
>>
>>> (*) http://www.google.de/search?q=picbit+scheme
>>
>> While the BIT and PICBIT citations are nice, is the code actually
>> online
>> anywhere?
>
> It's up to Marc or Danny to answer this question; what I did find some
> time ago was a "picobit" archive, not sure though whether this is
> really
> the same thing (maybe it's just something simpler along the same lines
> for educational purposes only):
>
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/cours/ift6232/

BIT, PICBIT and PICOBIT are different small Scheme systems which have
been designed for various space constraints.  Roughly speaking BIT is
the least compact (it requires 2.5KB RAM) and PICOBIT is the most
compact (it can run programs with only 256 bytes of RAM and 4 to 8KB
of ROM).

I'm considering making Snow packages out of these.