[gambit-list] Threads blocking and IO

François Magnan francois.magnan at licef.ca
Tue Jan 29 15:27:44 EST 2008

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange bug in my code that would be long to
explain. To resume the context, I have many threads running in
parallel, some open-process IO, some tcp-server IO and some termite
processes. At some point all the threads become blocked indefinitely
and the program sleeps forever.

I stumbled on  the following paragraph in the threads section of the
Gambit doc:

``A thread is blocked if it is waiting for a mutex to become unlocked,
an I/O operation to become possible, the end of a “sleep” period, etc.
''

I think this may lead me to a solution to my bug but I don't clearly
understand the statement. Could there be an IO operation that blocks
all my threads?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Francois Magnan