[gambit-list] creating homogeneous vectors from the FFI

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:07:37 EST 2008

Hi there,

I am slowly getting code for FCGI support running, but I have a small
issue with keeping Gambit compatibility - it is unclear to me how to
create a u8vector to bring the output of read() back into the Scheme
world.  The FCGI protocol is a fairly ugly mix of text and binary
components that does not map very well to a C structure interface as
most FFIs implement. I have had fairly good success in manipulating
the raw octet stream using Larceny and now I am looking for ways to
bring that same style into Gambit. u8vectors look like a good map to
Larceny's bytevector type, but I just don't see how to get to them
from the FFI without jumping through some serious SCMOBJ hoops.

Or am I missing something?

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me