[gambit-list] --enable-single-host and --enable-gcc-opts

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 29 08:29:50 EST 2008

On 29-Feb-08, at 5:24 AM, Joel Borggrén-Franck wrote:

> Do --enable-single-host and --enable-gcc-opts affect the compilation
> of the compiler, or the compiler in itself? IE if I compile using both
> options and package a binary, will hosts with low amount of ram that
> install my binary have difficulty using them?

Yes.

If you want different options to be used for generating object files
on the target platform you need to change the file bin/gsc-cc-o.bat .
Either you do this manually, or you do a "./configure;make" with none
of the configure options and copy the file bin/gsc-cc-o.bat in a safe
place before doing the "./configure --enable-single-host --enable-gcc-
opts;make".