[gambit-list] Qwaq releases Hydra multi-core Squeak VM « The

Joel Borggrén-Franck joel.borggren.franck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:35:44 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Jeff Read <bitwize at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The Hydra VM seems to work, if I read the description right, by
>  running a separate Squeak image on each core.
>
>  This is not the multicore solution we are looking for.

What are we looking for? The capability for gambit to mux gambit
continuations over multiple OS threads seems like a bad conceptual fit
in my mind. But IIRC Erlang got a multithreaded VM's some releases
ago, so some have chosen that path.

Running a separate gambit on each core and hiding it all under termite
glue to make it appear as one image, which i believe is the gambit
counterpart to what you are not looking for, is IMHO way neater.