[gambit-list] Embedding a REPL in an executable

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:32:14 EST 2008

Christian, Marc.. thanks for the info.

I had worked through the examples in the manual, but something wasn't
working for me. Anyway, following Marc's instructions, I was able to get my
api to link correctly, so I can start it from gsi as I had originally
wanted.

It works fine now. Originally, I had been having trouble resolving symbols
in the OSX CoreFoundation and IOKit frameworks. I had somehow thought I
needed to compile and link my c module separately (using gcc & ld). Now,
passing the whole thing to gsc does the trick.

This is the gsc line I ended up with:

gsc -cc-options "ufifo.c" -ld-options
"/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit" g-uf-api.scm

My USB interface code is in ufifo.c and its scheme api is in g-uf-api.scm.
When I compile this, I get g-uf-api.o1 which I can load from the gsi repl.

Thanks again,

Neil