[gambit-list] Strange Networking Bug on MinGW (LONG)

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Sun Feb 10 18:17:51 EST 2008

François Magnan wrote:
> What could lead to this huge difference between a sequence of read-u8
> and read-line on WinXP???

Just an idea (I don't run windows and am too tired to study the code in
detail): you might be miscalculating the reply length, compared to
what's actually being sent, since possibly you/the runtime might be
decoding/encoding utf8 twice or something, and then the individual
requests might only be "finished" when some part timeouts (the browser
might be closing the connection after some timeout). I'd check what goes
over the wire (and when) with some tool that can do that (something like
GNU/Linux' strace or tcpdump).