[gambit-list] Embedding a REPL in an executable

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 04:18:32 EST 2008

I'm building an executable that links with an object file that controls a
machine via the USB bus.

I have this working OK by linking everything into an executable. But that
means I must recompile every time I make a change to my scheme code.
Instead, I'd like to be able to load the scheme code at runtime. Originally
I wanted to compile my c code into a library so that I could load it with
gsi. However i was unable to get that to work.

Poking around in the examples, I found (##repl-debug-main), so I put that at
the end of my c-api .scm file. This works well. When I run the executable, I
get a repl, and can then load further scheme files as needed.

Is this the recommended way to embed a Gambit repl in a c program? Where can
I find this ##repl-debug-main documented? What's the significance of the  ##
character? Is there a way to pass startup arguments to this repl?

Thanks,

Neil Baylis

--
http://www.pixpopuli.com