[gambit-list] BIT, PICBIT, PICOBIT (Was: Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?)

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Wed Feb 6 07:47:45 EST 2008

Marc Feeley wrote:

> BIT, PICBIT and PICOBIT are different small Scheme systems which have
> been designed for various space constraints.  Roughly speaking BIT is
> the least compact (it requires 2.5KB RAM) and PICOBIT is the most
> compact (it can run programs with only 256 bytes of RAM and 4 to 8KB of
> ROM).
>
> I'm considering making Snow packages out of these.

How about just throwing the code out there in tgz form?  A snow package
seems like a lot of work for a code with such a limited audience.

Besides, these are probably very useful from the point of view of
pedagogy.  As such, people are likely to want to dig into the actual
code anyway.

Having a simple Scheme system to analyze is a very useful thing.

-a