[gambit-list] Please don't delete the .c file

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Tue Feb 5 04:36:59 EST 2008

Marc Feeley wrote:
> On 4-Apr-07, at 2:56 PM, Bradley Lucier wrote:
>
>> Marc:
>>
>> I needed to debug a gsc-compiled file with gdb today, and it was
>> fairly inconvenient that the .c file wasn't left around by compile-
>> file in beta 21.  I suggest that the .c file be left around for the
>> various source tools that need it.
>>

> I have added a -keep-c option to gsc.  I.e. you'll have to do:
>
>     gsc -keep-c foo
>
> to compile foo.scm to foo.o1 and foo.c

How do I tell the |compile-file| procedure to keep the C file? I realize
that there's the |compile-file-to-c| procedure, but usually I just want
to compile-file and if that fails I want to investigate the c file. Well
actually it might also be a good idea to not remove the .c file if the C
compiler fails.

Christian.