[gambit-list] Hello World segfaults on me

Joel J. Adamson jadamson at partners.org
Mon Feb 4 15:04:02 EST 2008

"Francisco Listas" <francisco.listas at gmail.com> writes:

> I am running Ubuntu 7.10, and I've just installed (using synaptic) Gambit-C.
> To try my installation, I just wrote (in file hello.scm) this hello
> world program:
>
> (display "Hello World!\n")
>
> Running:
> 	gsi hello.scm
>
> Produces the expected output.
>
> Running:
> 	gsc hello.scm
>
> Produces hello.o1 executable file, but when I run it, a segfault occurs:
>  ./hello.o1
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I would do:
prompt> gsi hello
or
prompt> gsi hello -
to go into interactive mode.  GAmbit loads the most recent object file
(the o# with the highest #).

For gdb, do
prompt> gdb gsi
(gdb) run hello

Right?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.