[gambit-list] Quasiquote syntax question.

Blake Winton bwinton at latte.ca
Fri Feb 1 16:07:42 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm using Gambit on an iPod Touch, and have run into a small hitch when trying
to write a macro.  The hitch is that I have no way of typing in a ` on the
device.  It's just not on the keyboard.

I realize that I could use (quasiquote a) instead, but I'm really kind of lazy,
and would far prefer to write something like $(a b c).  I asked Guillaume
Cartier on IRC, and he suggested that it was non-standard but possible.  He also
mentioned it was undocumented, and so instead of trolling through the code, I
thought it might be worth while to ask here first for some pointers.

Are there any examples of adding syntax like this to Gambit available?  Do I
need to edit and recompile the interpreter, or can I hook in to the reader somehow?

(I'ld even live with ($ a b c), but I can't seem to get that working either.)

Thanks,
Blake.