[gambit-list] DrScheme and GambitC

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 05:29:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Nick <nick.linker at rambler.ru> wrote:
> So I thought I would be great if there was a plugin to DrScheme adding
> the "Gambit" language level. I searched through web in order to find
> some pointers how to add custom language level or if people writing
> their own plugins for DrScheme. But I found not very much :-(

The point of DrScheme language levels is that the PLT group have
implemented several different compilers that target the PLT run-time.
IIRC, this also includes Java and JavaScript compilers. While I am
unaware of any a priori reasons why a gambit-compatible set of
libraries couldn't be implemented using the PLT run-time, I'd be very
sceptical about the marginal utility of such a package. I mean, we
already *have* Gambit, and for IDEs, well gambit-mode in emacs works
very well, and ISTR the Gambit team itself developing its own IDE
(someone correct me here).

david rush
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt