[gambit-list] Speed on XML-parsing

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Sat Aug 16 11:58:45 EDT 2008

Hans Petter Egesund wrote:
> Hi, it might have been a to optimistic approach, but I did just copy
> the new macros into ssax (on the top of the file SSAX-code.scm which
> seems to do the job).
>
> It still compiles, but now I get a segmentation fault, when running,
>
> As far as I can see this is not due to a thread-problem - ssax does
> not use many thread, nor do I.
>
> It probably needs more investigation. Any opinions about where to
> start looking?

1. comment out any (not safe) declarations as far as you can
2. look out for explicit usage of unsafe ops, whose names are starting
with "##".
3. compile your code with the track-scheme and keep-c options, and
cc-options "-g", then run the whole thing under gdb; you'll then see the
location in the Scheme code where it failed.
4. if gdb reports a location in Gambit itself, then it may be useful to
recompile Gambit like this:

$ make C_COMPILER="gcc -g"

and retry.

Christian.