[gambit-list] Getting SSAX-SXML going on Gambit

Mikael More mikael.more at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:24:13 EDT 2008

Is anyone having problems compiling SSAX-SXML on Gambit?

We used Dominique Boucher's SSAX-SXML. It can be found on the Gambit page's
dumping grounds.

Essentially there has been two issues with this distribution, both of which
are easily fixed:

 - Add namespace to the distribution. This is done by adding  -prelude
'(##namespace ("ssax-sxml#")) (##include "~~/lib/gambit#.scm") (##include
"~~/lib/ssax-sxml/ssax-sxml#.scm")' to the gsc compile rows in the Makefile.
Make ssax-sxml# contain (##namespace ("ssax-sxml#" [list of the ssax-sxml
functions you want to use] )) .
 - Patch the srl:appy-string-append of sxml-tools/serializer.scm , in order
never to pass string-append more than 8192 parameters. We did this through
rewriting it to use a string port instead. Having this not fixed does cause
a problem, I think it is when serializing SXML to XML without passing a port
parameter.

Also I have a lose memory that that SSAX-SXML distribution is compiled with
(declare (not safe)) by default, which may not be preferable.