[gambit-list] patch against 4.2.6 to configure into different directory other than srcdir

Jakob Praher jp at hapra.at
Sun Aug 3 08:58:55 EDT 2008

hi people,

this is just a very simple patch to make the following work for me:

gambit_src$ mkdir output
gambit_src/output$ ../configure [OPTIONS]
gambit_src/output$ make

the reason this scenario did not work for me was that gambit.h, after
the configure step, is rendered into the output directory's include
directory, but it was referenced to the source tree's include directory
(where only the .in file resides). IMHO the reason it builds otherwise
is that the two include directories are the same.

maybe 've overlooked something.

-- Jakob

PS: I checked on the mercurial repo browser, and it seems to me that
this did not change (changeset 158 still does have the INCLUDES variable
set to $(srcdirpfx)$(rootfromhere) $(srcdir). So it might apply to the
trunk as well.