[gambit-list] Emailing changes automatically

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed Sep 12 14:41:32 EDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:29 PM, David Rush wrote:

> On 9/12/07, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I would like to automatically send to the Gambit mailing list all the
>> changes that are made to the Gambit repository.
>
> Well if you commit anything like as frequently as I do, that will
> quickly overwhelm the list. Would it make more sense to have a
> separate parallel list for this?

Marc made an average of exactly 1 commit a day over the past two
weeks; that doesn't seem too much, even if the pace is doubled after
people start suggesting patches.  This isn't gcc, which has a
separate list for checkins, where there were 46 commits yesterday.

gcc has separate lists for general discussions (gcc), help (gcc-
help), discussion of patches, which also serves as a record of which
patches are committed (gcc-patches), and an automatic record of
commits to their svn repository (gcc-cvs, which tells you what their
previous content management system was ;-).

I suggest we see what happens for a while with a single list.

Brad