[gambit-list] how to load snow package in gsi

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Tue Sep 11 09:05:51 EDT 2007

there's a reply to an email of mine just a few days ago that describes how
to do this (Debugging Gambit w Snow, James Long).

i couldn't get the advice in that email to work.  include-cd* should have
been include*-cd but then i got another error.  but with a little work you
might be able to get it to run ok.

what i did instead, which was also mentioned in that email, was change the
bash script that starts snow so that a repl starts once the snow script
has an error.  it's pretty clear what to do (search for gambit in the
script and replace the command line options after reading the gambit
docs).

i have:
       gambit) exec "${PROGRAM_gambit}" -:d- -e '(begin (include
"'"${SNOW_MACROS}"'") (load-program* "'"${SCRIPT_FILE}"'") (exit))'
"$@"
#       gambit) echo "poot"
#       gambit) exec "${PROGRAM_gambit}" -:dpri1- -e '(begin (include
"'"${SNOW_MACROS}"'") (load-program* "'"${SCRIPT_FILE}"'") (exit))' "$@"
and i guess you want something similar to the third line, but without (exit).

in other words - there seems to be no simple or documented solution, you
just have to hack the code.

andrew