[gambit-list] termite exception propagation

Phil Dawes pdawes at users.sf.net
Fri Sep 7 07:17:06 EDT 2007

Hi Gambit List,

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask termite questions,
apologies if not)

My understanding from the termite paper is that linked processes
propagate exceptions to exception catchers/handlers, and so I was
expecting the following to return #t:

(define (test-spawn-link)
   (with-exception-catcher
    (lambda (exception) #t)
    (lambda ()
      (spawn-link (lambda ()
                    (raise 'dying)))
      (? 5)
      #f)
    ))

(init)
(test-spawn-link)

However this returns #f, indicating that the handler isn't called.
Moreover the value of the exception is returned by the receiver (? 5).
Am I missing something or has this behaviour changed since the paper?

Also, is there anywhere else to get documentation for termite?

(tested on gambit 4b22 and 4.0.0)

Many thanks,

Phil