[gambit-list] shift/reset with *correct* dynamic environment

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Oct 31 14:15:35 EDT 2007

On 30-Oct-07, at 8:29 PM, James Long wrote:

> Marc... what are thoughts on a native
> implementation of shift/reset?

It is on my TODO (it was the first thing I added to the Gambit wish
list page!).  I think a correct implementation of shift/reset is
necessary to properly serialize continuations and do distributed
parallel computation.  The hard part in all of this is to find a good
representation for the dynamic environment.  The problem I see with
the PLT Scheme implementation is that the dynamic wind stack must be
copied (in O(n)) when a delimited continuation is invoked.  I think I
have found a solution, but it is only by going through the details
that I can confirm that it works.