[gambit-list] Can gambit-c fulfill this requirement?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Oct 30 17:41:11 EDT 2007

On 30-Oct-07, at 5:33 PM, naruto canada wrote:

> hi
>
> Can gambit-c fulfill this requirement?
> Let's say I have to implement some numerical library,
> and given some C headers files and description for what the library
> should do,
> and the C interface can not be changed for binary compatibility and
> ABI reason.
> The library is simply numerical and
> no IO or system call allowed (except malloc, free, and fprintf for
> debug).
> Can Hobbit generate C code that is suitable for linking and embeding
> in other project? There is no need for an interpreter.

I assume you mean Gambit (Hobbit is actually the name of another
Scheme compiler)...

Let me rephrase.  You want to implement a C API in Scheme.  The "main
program" is in C, and it will call Gambit indirectly through the API.
Yes that is possible.  Check the code in tests/client.c (the "main
program") and tests/server.scm (the Scheme implementation of the API).