[gambit-list] Thanks and Thoughts For "Scheme on Skis" :)

Christopher Diggins cdiggins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:11:10 EDT 2007

> I have the impression that hop <http://hop.inria.fr/> can do a lot of what you
want.

Hop seems to have overlooked databases more or less, and is more
directed at multimedia apps, but I think it would be a good place to
draw inspiration. I don't think the broker model they used is
neccessarily what one wants in a typical web framework.

> How incompatible are Gambit and Bigloo? Is there any chance of porting Hop to
> Gambit?

IIUC Hop is not actually Bigloo compatible, it is a new langauge.
Nonetheless, it would be smart to reuse some of the ideas (and code).

- Christopher Diggins