[gambit-list] Web Framework for Gambit

Guillaume Cartier gcartier at jazzscheme.org
Thu Nov 1 21:23:29 EDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Rouan van Dalen <rvdalen at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

So I need 2 questions answered:

1) Is there any interest in something like this?

Very much. At the current time I am busy in other projects, but I am *very*
interested in building / collaborating to a top of it's class web framework
in Gambit. In a couple months, this could very well become my main fulltime
project. In the meantime I'd love to collaborate / brainstorm, ... even if
lightly.

2) Does MySQL5 bindings exist for Gambit? (if not I will gladly write them)

Do not know.

I really like Gambit and would really like to see and hear more about Gambit

being used in enterprise applications.

Personally, I have built many enterprise level applications in Jazz which is
a Scheme like system I developped over the last 10 years. I am now finishing
porting everything to Gambit so that in a couple months I should be able to
answer yes to having enterprise applications in Gambit :)

PS: Thanks alot for bringing this to the mailing list. This gives us a
fighting chance to all collaborate on this, instead of everybody building
his own framework as Schemers usually do!

Cheers,

Guillaume