[gambit-list] Fw: Web Framework for Gambit

Rouan van Dalen rvdalen at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 12:22:26 EDT 2007

Hi.

I am a newbie in scheme, but have been programming for about 7 years.

I specialize in web application development and I am really interested

in writing a web framework specifically for the Gambit scheme system.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if something like

this already exists.  I definitely need support for the latest MySQL

database server and I am thinking of writing an HTTP server

specifically for Gambit to form part of the web framework.

I am looking to build a web framework on the same level as Rails,

only I want to be programming in Scheme.

So I need 2 questions answered:

1) Is there any interest in something like this?

2) Does MySQL5 bindings exist for Gambit? (if not I will gladly write
 them)

I am also interested in expanding Gambit's libraries, so there is no
 problem for

me to write libraries/bindings for various things.

I really like Gambit and would really like to see and hear more about
 Gambit

being used in enterprise applications.

Gambit is great. Thanks Marc!

Kind Regards