[gambit-list] Mercurial

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Fri May 25 14:58:41 EDT 2007

Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Marc Feeley wrote:
>> On 25-May-07, at 8:52 AM, Aycan iRiCAN wrote:
>>
>>> .. It's distributed, interactive and supports
>>> spontaneous
>>> branches.
>
> Same thing for Git and probably for Mercurial, right?

In my opinion, yes.

> (Maybe Python is a better language than Shell/C. But I'm personally not
> really interested in writing Python.)

I'm personally not interested in hacking the code for my source control
system at all. :)

> A nice thing of Git (and perhaps also Mercurial) is it's conceptual
> simplicity.

I don't find the concepts between the two very different.  Good ideas
and features from one seem to flow to the other fairly quickly.

The primary feature that I point to about Mercurial is: Windows.

Mercurial regards Windows as a necessary port.  Git regards Windows as
an evil they tolerate.

-a