[gambit-list] Compile scheme to executable code...

James Long longster at gmail.com
Sun May 6 15:34:09 EDT 2007

On 5/6/07, David St-Hilaire <sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm rather new to the scheme world so that, so far, I've only needed to
> use a scheme interpreter to do the work I needed to get done. But now, I
> would be interested to build executable code from my scheme code. I've
> looked the example provided in the gambit documentation, but
> unfortunately, it does not work on my system (fedora core 6 laptop).

The default behavior of gsc is to create a compiled shared object that
can be loaded using (load "m1").  If you want to compile the scheme
code into a full executable, use the -link option and it will output
the needed linking files for gcc to compile it.

$ gsc -link m1.scm m2.scm m3.scm

Will output m1.c, m1_.c (this is the linker file), etc., and then

$ gcc m1*.c m2*.c m3*.c -lgambc

(with other possible options) will be able to find all those undefined symbols.