[gambit-list] open-tcp-server

James Cash james.nvc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:27:49 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to write a basic webserver in Gambit Scheme. However, my efforts
are being stymied at the very beginning by the fact that I can't seem to
even use the most basic procedures properly...can anyone help?

Here's what I'm trying to do now:
(In REPL:)

Gambit Version 4.0 beta 21

> (define s (open-tcp-server (list port-number: 8080 eol-encoding: 'cr-lf)))
> (define p (read s))

Then, I go to a browser (tried in both Opera and Firefox)
http://localhost:8080

The browser goes to the page, and the `(read s)' stops blocking

Back at REPL:
> (read-line p)
"GET / HTTP/1.1"
> (display "content-type: text/plain\n" p)
> (display "Hello World!\n" p)
> (force-output p)

...And nothing happens...the page keeps trying to load, nothing is shown.
 What am I doing wrong?  I tried looking at the code in the example
webserver, but it didn't help much, since its much more complicated than
what I'm trying to do here.  Can anyone help?

Much obliged,
James