[gambit-list] Does gambit-c have call/ec?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jun 27 11:35:16 EDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Bradley Lucier wrote:

> Marc:
>
> Is there some combination of continuation-capture and continuation-
> graft that gives the semantics of call/ec?

Yes, since call/cc is built on top of the continution-XXX primitives
and the following is a valid definition of call/ec:

(define call/ec call/cc)

The thing is that this implementation does not take advantage of the
usage constraints of call/ec .  It would be possible to implement
call/ec in such a way that it does minimal heap allocation.

> To be honest, I don't understand what any of call/ec, continuation-
> capture, and continuation-graft do.

Check out my paper "A Better API for First-Class
Continuations" (http://repository.readscheme.org/ftp/papers/sw2001/
feeley.ps.gz) for the continuation-XXX operations.