[gambit-list] Gambit installers

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Jun 25 08:27:49 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:43 AM, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

> I prefer using MacPorts <http://www.macports.org/> for this sort of
> thing, and in fact there already is a port in MacPorts for Gambit
> 4.0b22.  It's straightforward to turn this into a .pkg, too, with
> MacPorts, if you so desire: `port pkg gambit-c'.  There are other
> similar package managers, like Fink and Nix, but my experience with
> MacPorts has been much better.

Worth noting in this context that users who don't already have
macports installed (I don't, and I install quite a bit of unix
software) will have to install that first before they can install
gambit. Macports is, somewhat ironically, installed via a .pkg file:

<http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/downloads/
MacPorts-1.4.0/MacPorts-1.4.0-10.4.dmg>

or via make:

<http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/downloads/