[gambit-list] Valid namespace prefix

James Long longster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:42:26 EDT 2007

How come Gambit enforces the module# syntax for namespaces?  I have
just started using them, and have looked at many posts describing the
system, but I don't remember anyone explaining the reason for this
syntax.

For example, trying anything different than module gives an error:

> (namespace ("foo:"))
*** ERROR IN (console)@1.13 -- Ill-formed namespace prefix

I would like to use the colon syntax as I find it much more readable,
especially for user-land code.  I'm going to usually use fully
qualified names, so this slight readability improvement is important.
Is there a reason I shouldn't be able to do this?