[gambit-list] System Type

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 25 21:54:09 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 03:46:13PM -0400, Jeremie Lasalle Ratelle wrote :
> Is there a way to get the host system type at runtime in Gambit-C?
> ex. i686-pc-linux-gnu

Not that I know, though you could still use SHELL-COMMANd as a turn around,
and execute uname or any shell script that set an environment variable,
and then read this variable.
However, I guess this wouldn't be too hard to implement, provided there
is such a standard way to fetch this information from the operating
system. Maybe this could be given as a compilation parameter, or guessed
by the autotools.

Adrien

PS: I'm not (yet :D) a gambit guru, so let's hear what the others have
to say...

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)