[gambit-list] Trying to run Gambit benchmarks

Shawn Hyam shawn at hyam.ca
Thu Jan 11 12:01:33 EST 2007

To get started with Gambit, I decided to try running the benchmark
suite that was included in the tarball.  I started with one of the
examples:

./bench gambit "fib tak"

This ran fine and gave me some results.  However, when I tried this:

./bench gambit-int "fib"

I got this:

*** ERROR IN "fib.scm"@60.1 -- Ill-placed 'define-macro'
         0.01 real         0.01 user         0.00 sys

Also, when I tried running with a different benchmark setting, such as:

./bench -s fixflo gambit "fib"

I get another error, this time:

Running...
*** WARNING -- Variable "fxring+" used in module "fib.o1" is undefined
*** WARNING -- Variable "fxring-" used in module "fib.o1" is undefined
*** ERROR IN fib -- Operator is not a PROCEDURE
(#!unbound 35 1)

Can any of the experts provide some pointers for me here?  I'd have
more persistence in debugging my own code if I could get the
benchmarks working.  I'm running on a MacBook with OS X 10.4.8 if it
matters.

thanks
Shawn