[gambit-list] fast csv parser (libcsv wrapped for gambit)

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Sat Feb 10 16:40:20 EST 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Phil Dawes wrote:

> Ok - that prompted me to do a little speed testing on a large file
> (6000
> odd records).
>
> wrapped libcsv  ~240ms
> Phil Bewig csv parser  ~1008ms

These two don't agree on what the fields should be in all cases.  For
example, on the 97th record, I get

("Rockhead's Comics & Games"
"Brian Miller"
"BGM00218"
"2006 Formula D\303\251 Gen Con Tournament qualifier"
"The official 4 round Formula D\303\251 Tournament. Oversized tracks
and cars - bring your dice if you have a set.  Special trophies for
the top 3 spots! One of last year's biggest board game tournaments.
This is a qualifier round, to advance to a semi-finals race on
Saturday."
"BGM - Board Game"
"4"
"2006-08-10 12:00:00"
"Everyone (6+)"
"Some Experience Needed"
"Formula D\303\251"
"all  Advanced Rules except time trials"
"4.50"
""
"40"
"12")

for bewig and

("Rockhead's Comics & Games"
"Brian Miller"
"BGM00218"
"2006 Formula D\351 Gen Con Tournament qualifier"
"The official 4 round Formula D\351 Tournament. Oversized tracks and
cars - bring your dice if you have a set.  Special trophies for the
top 3 spots! One of last year's biggest board game tournaments. This
is a qualifier round, to advance to a semi-finals race on Saturday."
"BGM - Board Game"
"4"
"2006-08-10 12:00:00"
"Everyone (6+)"
"Some Experience Needed"
"Formula D\351"
"all  Advanced Rules except time trials"
"4.50"
""
"40"
"12")

for libcsv.  I don't know which is correct (but the \303 characters
are in the data file).

Brad