[gambit-list] SRFI-56(Re: Reading binary files)

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at gmx.at
Thu Dec 20 13:56:01 EST 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:42:43 -0500
> Von: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>
> An: Siegfried Gonzi <siegfried.gonzi at gmx.at>
> CC: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>, Christian Jaeger <christian at pflanze.mine.nu>, gambit-list at iro.umontreal.ca
> Betreff: Re: [gambit-list] SRFI-56(Re:  Reading binary files)

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Siegfried Gonzi wrote:
>
> > Petite Chez 6.0a is the next most complete failing 6, followed by
> > Gambit4b14 failing 8.
>
> > Anyone any experience with srfi-56 on Gambit.
>
> I just downloaded srfi-56 reference implementation and the test
> suite; the final result with Gambit 4.1.2 was
>
> > 463 tests passed.
> > 0 tests failed.
>

> There were lots of individual tests that were reported as "close-
> enough"; I don't yet know what that means.

I haven't tested srfi-56 yet (I am still hoping Bigloo can be installed on my machine. But any way Gambit and Chicken are very mature distributions).

What I do not understand: srfi-56 seems to be a very useful library. I browsed through the srfis and haven't yet found an srfi which can be used for reading binary data (floats, doubles, and big endian, small endian).

I think it is a pity that it is being withdrawn.

Regards, Siegfried
Btw: I checked up the Bigloo manual and there it is said: flonums are C double precision numbers and fixnums are 32-2 bits.