[gambit-list] [ANN] Gambit-C v4.0.0 released

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Aug 26 10:02:12 EDT 2007

On 25-Aug-07, at 4:26 PM, Logiciel Gambit wrote:

> Gambit-C v4.0.0 is now available.
>
> The sources and prebuilt distributions can be obtained from
> the Gambit web site by visiting one of the following links.
>
> sources:
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/source/
> gambc-v4_0_0.tgz
>
> prebuilt:
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/prebuilt/
> gambc-v4_0_0-macosx-intel.dmg
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/prebuilt/
> gambc-v4_0_0-macosx-powerpc.dmg
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/prebuilt/
> gambc-v4_0_0-macosx-universal.dmg
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/prebuilt/
> gambc-v4_0_0-windows-mingw.exe
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.0/prebuilt/
> gambc-v4_0_0-windows-visualc.exe

Releases will now include installers for Mac OS X and Microsoft
Windows in addition to the usual source tarball.  I would like the
build process to also create a ".rpm" for Linux but I have no clue
how to do this, so if someone would like to do it that would be much
appreciated.

Version 4 also marks the beginning of the Gambit source code
repository managed by Mercurial.  This way the most recent source
code can be obtained directly.  Moreover, it is easy for users to
create patches.  These patches should be sent to
gambit at iro.umontreal.ca for inclusion in the source code repository.

All of this is explained on the Gambit wiki, which has become the
main page of the Gambit web site.  Currently all the pages on the
wiki are editable.

Feel free to contribute as explained here:

   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/How_to_contribute