[gambit-list] anyone get schelog working with gambit-c?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 21 20:57:02 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 8:16 PM, naruto canada wrote:

> anyone get schelog working with gambit-c?
> I've tried both schelog.scm and gambit-schelog.scm, both versions
> get me:
> *** ERROR -- Ill-formed expression

Your reports of the error messages you get are out of context and not
very useful.

> if anyone has managed to get it working please let me know. thanks.

You can download a version you can compile and that will work from

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~lucier/software/schelog/

(which you can get to from my home page if necessary).  I had to fix
makeport.scm because the getenv in recent gambit betas is different
from getenv in older betas.

You build Schelog by:

> [brad:~/Desktop/schelog] lucier% gsi makeport
> What is your Scheme dialect? [bigloo gambit guile mitscheme
> mzscheme petite pscheme scm stk]
> gambit
> Porting schelog.scm...
> Resulting file is `gambit-unix-version-of-schelog.scm'
> You may want to rename it

I compiled it with

> [brad:~/Desktop/schelog] lucier% gsc gambit-unix-version-of-
> schelog.scm

I then cd'ed to the examples directory and ran the houses puzzle:

> [brad:~/Desktop/schelog/examples] lucier% gsc
> Gambit Version 4.0 beta 23
>
> > (load "../gambit-unix-version-of-schelog")
> "/Users/lucier/Desktop/schelog/examples/../gambit-unix-version-of-
> schelog.o1"
> > (load "houses.scm")
> "/Users/lucier/Desktop/schelog/examples/houses.scm"
> > (load "puzzle.scm")
> "/Users/lucier/Desktop/schelog/examples/puzzle.scm"
> > (solve-puzzle %houses)
> ((solution= ((japan owns the zebra) (norway drinks water))))

So it seems to work.

> I will see if I can get in touch with the author.

I think Dorai has moved on to other things; he may not be interested
in supporting it any more.

Brad