[gambit-list] Hygienic macros failing?

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Aug 19 18:50:17 EDT 2007

Hi.

> I may be misunderstanding hygienic macros here, but as far as I can tell I
> am getting variable capture.

I don't use hygienic macros either but

> This displays (7 8 9) when arg2 should be (1 2 3) (the value of a b c in
> the calling code, not the value in "bad").

Bigloo prints (7 8 9) and Gauche prints (1 2 3)
Chicken, guile, mzscheme and petite all fail with macro error, or
receive error.

I have no clue which one is correct (I don't use values either), but I
guess it shows that define-macro is better :)

By the way. I think you should also tell the maintainers of the portable syntax-case
about this bug, if you're sure both gambit and bigloo got it wrong (and
tell the maintainer of bigloo too then).

Adrien

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)