[gambit-list] Queinnec's Lisp in Small Pieces for CAN$3.95+shipping

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Aug 15 00:46:50 EDT 2007

On 14-Aug-07, at 6:07 PM, Adrien Pierard wrote:

>> I ended up buying a single copy from Amazon US at list price,
>> which was
>> $51US. It was well worth the price, and I plan to keep it. :)
>
> Looks like some people have had their order simply cancelled by
> amazon.ca.
> So, who's been lucky, and who has not ?

Mine was cancelled.  Here are the details from Amazon:

Greetings from Amazon.ca.

We regret to inform you that an error caused the following item(s) to
be displayed at an incorrect price:

Lisp in Small Pieces

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we're unable to
offer items that have an incorrectly posted price.  Therefore, we have
cancelled this item from your order.

We realize we can't make up for the inconvenience and disappointment
caused by this error, however, we'd like to offer you a $10 gift
certificate that you may use toward a future order at
Amazon.ca. Details for using the gift certificate are listed below.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the
millions of items on our site may be mispriced.  We do, however,
verify prices as part of our shipping procedures.  If we discover that
an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at
our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or
cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.  This policy is
posted in the Help section and is accessible through numerous other
areas of our web site.

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to
serve you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.ca