[gambit-list] More char-size=1 woes

TJ tjay.dreaming at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:23:14 EDT 2007

The standalone executables created by a gsc with
"--enable-char-size=1" do not seem to get a standard-output port.
Shared object files work when (load)'ed into the gsc prompt though.

;; File
(display "Hello world!")
(newline)
;; End-file

I compiled it with the very basic options:
$ gsc -link test.scm
$ gcc -o test -I (gambit-i-dir)/include/ -L (gambit-libdir)/lib/ test.c test_.c

I also introduced a deliberate error to see if the runtime's exception
handler was able to print anything to the stdout port. It wasn't.
(+ 1 "b")

By the way, is the Gambit bugzilla still being used? I only saw 4 bugs
listed there, the latest dated September 2006, with none resolved.

TJ