[gambit-list] 4.0b20 and later not respecting --prefix=

Arto Bendiken arto.bendiken at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:23:11 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Robert D. Skeels <rdsathene at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> 4.0b22 doesn't seem to be respecting --prefix= at install. I looked
> through the makefile and notice that there is a PACKAGE_SUBDIR (/
> 4.0b22) appended to prefix.

Indeed. I noticed the same thing last week when I created the MacPorts
configuration for 4.0b20 [1].

> Is there a way to work around this?

I worked around it with lots of regex substitutions for each makefile
in the distribution. Not pretty, but does the job. You could use the
`sed' command to manually perform the substitutions in a similar
manner as done in the MacPorts portfile [2].

[1] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11688
[2] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/attachment/ticket/11688/Portfile

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/