[gambit-list] Gambit-C 4.0 beta 19

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Sep 25 19:37:17 EDT 2006

Marc:

Thanks again.

I've included some suggested changes for _num.scm.  They change
"first-set-bit" to "first-bit-set" consistently; they use the fixnum
routines ##fxbit-count, ##fx-length, and ##fxfirst-bit-set in ##bit-
count, ##integer-length, and ##first-bit-set.  The changes to ##bit-
count, ##integer-length, and ##first-bit-set have been tested rather
thoroughly, and I think the name changes in the rest are fairly
straightforward to check.

I've also removed one optional clause in the computation of bignum
multiplication.  That clause just substituted one O(N\log N)
algorithm for another and I want to simplify bignum multiplication in
the short term.

Brad