[gambit-list] "Number of arguments exceeds implementation limit" error

Bill Richter richter at math.northwestern.edu
Sun Sep 3 18:50:48 EDT 2006

Thanks, Anton.  I thought of something like that myself, not as slick:

(define (my-apply-append lolist)
  (let loop ([lolist lolist] [accum empty])
    (if (empty? lolist)
        accum
        (loop (rest lolist) (append (first lolist) accum)))))

And my program's been running now for 5.5 hrs.  I haven't been able to
compile my program, so it's gsi.  I'd send a bug report if I could get
the latest beta working.

   Oh, the humanity.  Perhaps someone should refer the sudoku people
   to: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Ephemera/richterFAQ.html

Someone did, in fact!  You weren't one of the CS profs I referred to,
but remember the last argument we had about Shriram's book, about free
& bound variables?  Shriram fixed his book exactly as I recommended.