[gambit-list] Gcc options

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed Oct 25 22:26:17 EDT 2006

Marc:

I can't compile Meroon on darwin-ppc (I require more then 2GB of
memory) with gcc after configuring gambit with the configure line

env CC='gcc -mcpu=970 -m64' ./configure

I could use an option to pull back the gcc compiler options to what
they were before beta 20.

Also, you make the default compiler options pretty fancy now, but
still -D___SINGLE_HOST is not the default.  I'm wondering whether the
default should be the previous set of compiler options and --enable-
single-host.  I think this would probably still give the best set of
default options for both gcc and gsc.

Brad