[gambit-list] Strange Gambit error problems DS

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Tue Oct 24 08:39:34 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:
> Can you explain how you fixed the problem?  The file include/gambit.h
> contains ifdefs to automatically figure out what the endianness is.  In
> particular it contains:

I simply did:

> #ifdef ___CPU_arm
#define _LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #ifdef _LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #define ___LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #endif
> #ifdef __LITTLE_ENDIAN__
> #define ___LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #endif
> #ifdef __LITTLE_ENDIAN_DATA__
> #define ___LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #endif
> #endif

For some reason, nothing sets a _LITTLE_ENDIAN flag in the DS
development environment.  <shrug>

It also probably doesn't help that I'm cross compiling from OS X PPC
which is big endian.  So, all of the configure and makefiles run under
that to produce the C code.  My scons files then handle the cross
compiling to the DS.

As of now, I have a 3 Mibibyte binary which produces a repl with a
console and emulated keyboard on the screen and touchscreen.  It works
on both hardware and under the no$gba emulator.  It's still a little
strange in that it evaluates before I hit return if there is a
parenthesis, eg.:

Gambit Version 4.0 beta 20

1
 > 'a

So, my next step is to try to bring networking up.  Is the fact that I
have no native threading system going to impact that?

Thanks,
-a