[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Mon Oct 23 06:41:18 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:

> This sounds like you are in the dreaded "debugging the I/O" infinite
> loop... there's an initial error that raises an exception, so the REPL
> tries to report it but fails because of some I/O error, so the REPL
> tries to report that error, and so on.
>
> So your next step should be to make sure you can write on stdout and
> read on stdin.

Well, I've got a repl, but it's broken.

First, it doesn't echo input characters to stdout.

Second, it executes immediately upon closing the final paren rather than
waiting for a return.

Third, it's broken:
(+ 1 1) results in 4
(cons 'a '(1 2)) results in (a 2 1)

Probably, I need to start backing out debugging changes I made to bring
it back into line with the original source rather than trying to debug
these on the fly.

-a