[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sun Oct 22 23:11:39 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:

> On 22-Oct-06, at 9:11 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:
>
>> You could modify gsi/_gsi.scm so that it does not search for the
>> initialization file, for example you could remove:
>>
>>                  (if (##not skip-initialization-file?)
>>                    (process-initialization-file))
>>
>> That should get you to the next problem, but I think you are getting
>> close to a working Gambit.
>
> Actually, for the moment, you can replace all of gsi/_gsi.scm with the call
>
>    (##repl-debug-main)

I think I have a repl loop firing.  I appear to be in an infinite loop
and am calling various subprocedures of _repl.  ##dynamic-env-bind,
##continuation-ret, ##subprocedure-parent, (and a lot of others).

This even appears to be working under the no$gba emulator.

Where does it try to grab input?  If I can find where it does that, I
can substitute on of the DS touchscreen keyboard emulators for stdin and
put together a functional console.

> Now since you will not have a console on the Nintendo, you have to start
> thinking about how the interaction will work.  Using the web-repl
> example is a good idea, but before you can use that you have to debug
> the networking layer.

That's not going to be easy.  802.11 on the DS is annoying.

-a